The Wisconsin Society of Fire Service Instructors (WSFSI) was formed in 1962 to serve the needs of fire instructors in our State. The WSFSI assists local instructors through the exchange of ideas, dissemination of information, and the presentation of seminars and conferences. All of this is geared toward helping fire instructors in their personal development and assisting them in bringing quality education and programs to their own agencies.
Please tour our site and learn more about how WSFSI can serve all of your instructional needs. Your questions and comments are always welcome.
W S F S I NEWS BRIEFS
A Proposal for
W S F S I LIAISON PROGRAM
As part of the Society’s Strategic Planning process, a liaison program was suggested to help bridge any gap that may occur between the Society’s leadership and its members due to time and distance constraints throughout the state. The following is one possible format for the implementation of this concept.
1. One Society member from each of the 16 Wisconsin Technical College System districts may serve as Liaison for that district. The Liaison should be someone other than either a Board member or the Fire Training coordinator for that district. A Liaison may be a fire instructor on that district’s Technical College staff or adjunct faculty, but it would not be required.
2. The Liaison acts as a point of contact for the Society to fire departments, the technical college, and other agencies in his/her district, communicating on its behalf to them, and vice versa:
· Sharing training events and opportunities within the district with the Society’s communication channels, promoting them statewide.
· Promoting Society events and programs on a local basis (e. g., Conference, Scholarship, Instructor of the Year).
· Encouraging recruitment and renewal for the Society, and promoting involvement in Society committees.
· Receiving and sharing questions and concerns brought by members and constituents of the district area to the Officers and/or Board.
3. The Liaison may assist with the availability and distribution of textbooks and training materials, particularly through the Society’s “First Class” consignment program. Compensation for expenses, etc., will be arranged for those engaged.
If you are interested in serving as a Liaison, or if you have questions, comments, suggestions, concerns, etc., PLEASE contact your Board members or officers at your earliest opportunity. Your input will be vital as the Board considers this proposal at its next quarterly meeting.Thanks!